Saturday 25 March 2017

I don’t need star power to validate my debut album - Korede Bello


Image result for korede bello photoMavin records singer, Korede Bello, has finally explained the reason behind his refusal to feature his label mates or any other artiste on his debut album. The velvety voiced singer, who recently released his first body of work which he titled ‘Belloved’, said he didn’t want to exploit star power to make an impression with his debut album.

He emphasized that the acceptability and success of his debut album should not be dependent on collaborating with his label mates or any other top artiste. He went further to explained that he wanted to give something to his fans exclusively, to show appreciation for the love and support they have accorded him so far in his music career, which informed his decision to feature only his fans on one track off the already released album.



“I didn’t feature anybody at all, the only people I featured were my fans, and that is on the track titled Good Time. It’s because it’s my debut album so I feel like people should enjoy Korede Bello without any distraction from star powers; that is why I said it is for my fans, the album is dedicated to them, I decided that if I was going to feature anybody it was going to be them.

So I had some of them come over to the studio and it came out great”. I have recorded songs on which I featured some of my label mates but they didn’t just make it on to the album, but on the deluxe version you might be seeing some of such songs”, he explained.

Asked who it would have been if at all he had decided to feature any other artiste apart from his fans, he chose international Englishsinger, songwriter and Grammy award winner, Ed Sheeran, Rihanna or Ariana Grande. “If I were to have featured any artiste it would have been Ed Sheeran, Rihanna or Ariana Grande”, he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presidency explains why FG is not giving funds to states to fight Coronavirus

The Presidency has explained why the federal government is not giving funds to states to fight the Coronavirus pandemic.