Sunday 16 July 2017

"If you want to see my eyes red, call me Matthew" - Obasanjo says


Former President Olusegun Obasanjo says he has dropped Matthew from his names even though it was given to him by his parents.
Speaking at an event which the Nigerian Society of Engineers (NSE) organised in his honour, Obasanjo explained that he jettisoned the name because the Biblical character, Mathew, whom he was named after, was a tax collector. 

“When I was born, my mother and father decided to name me Matthew. I grew up being called and addressed Matthew. What is the meaning of Matthew in the Bible? He was a tax collector,” he said. .

“So, when I grew up, I dropped Matthew from my name. If anyone does not want to see my eyes red, no one should call me Matthew again. People ask, what is in a name? For me, there is so much in a name," he added

No comments:

Post a Comment

Presidency explains why FG is not giving funds to states to fight Coronavirus

The Presidency has explained why the federal government is not giving funds to states to fight the Coronavirus pandemic.